Pages

For whimsical minds and wandering eye ...............

......................today i lend you mine



Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Madman

The "I" in me, my friend, dwells in the house of silence,
and therein it shall remain for ever more,
unperceived,
unapproachable.

my mind doth not dwell upon the wind but upon the sea,
 Thou canst not understand my seafaring thoughts,
nor would I have thee understand.

 I would be at sea alone.

When it is day with thee, my friend, it is night with me;
 thou canst not hear the songs of my darkness
nor see my wings beating against the stars
and I would not have thee hear or see.

I would be with night alone.

for I would not have thee see my Hell.
And I love my Hell too well to have thee visit it.

 I would be in Hell alone.
.
My friend, thou art good
and cautious
and wise
and I, too, speak with thee wisely and cautiously.
And yet I am mad.
 But I mask my madness.

 I would be mad alone.

My friend, how shall I make thee understand?

 My path is not thy path, yet together we walk, hand in hand.

an adaption Kahil Gibran. The Madman

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. I like the idea of enjoying being miserable.

    ReplyDelete