Pages

For whimsical minds and wandering eye ...............

......................today i lend you mine



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pandora's plea



forever in a day, my heart is slowly fading away.
 a victim to time i cant hold my tears any longer.
 slice my cheeks and burn a hole through my soul. 
i surrender
scorned by my own follies. 
victim of my own misdirection. 
let me drown in a calm sea, floating among red poppies. 
let me sink. 
gently close my eyes, put a flower in their place.
 a reminder of what they lost in their blindness. 
deafened by the screech of your silence, 
and tormented by the absence of your violence. 
hand me a blade, 
the one to you i gave, in my misguidance.
 and i will place it along side me, 
my open grave, a tribute in honor of the memories i have slayed. 
the friendship i have betrayed, the trust i have mislaid. 
watch it decay
tie a bolder to my strength and drop it in the ocean. 
wait till i am colder. older. forgotten over and over. 
then let the tide regurgitate, return me. 
place your pain in the cart and i will carry it on my shoulders.
Pull me into your dreams, but only as a bystander. 
replace me 
but don't misplace me
don't forget you misguided me
with the feelings that you hide from me
the key you handed me
opened the door to my felony.
i believed you
and sinned unintentionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment